Wednesday 22 May 2013

Master Bedroom Reveal....

Well folks after a year in the making, I'm happy to say that our master bedroom is complete!












 My inspiration began when I first saw the Sea Urchin & Bengal Bazaar fabrics from Kelly Wearstler, & the Sunglasses! The painting which was done by a friend, can literally paint anything, no joke! So that was it - I knew I had to have them,  but use the fabric strategically. I had to think, bang for my buck!

We had the bed custom made by my super amazing upholsterer. The head board is in Sea Urchin with antiqued brass nail head detail and the side rails are covered in a cream leather with furniture style feet stained black. The 3 euro shams have the Bengal Bazaar on the fronts and the backs and piping are in a gold velvet. The cream and black striped lumbar cushion was made from a remnant piece of fabric.

The 2 diamond tufted cubes at the end of the bed I snagged for $5 each at a garage sale, had them beautified in the same gold velvet.

The 2 painting above the night tables were painted by my multi talented friend Christine & the hanging pendants were a total score from HomeSense.

I had my heart set on gold or black silk drapery, but when I went to Design Fabric Outlet I found the gold tone on tone fabric in the clearance section for $6 per yard that was beyond perfect. I added large black pom pom fringe to the lead edge and they are hung on a wall to wall mounted antique brass rods and rings.

When we were planning Project Ensuite Evolution, I was hoping to have a make up / vanity area but there was not enough space - so I had my mill worker create a floating wall to wall vanity it was finished in the same BM Wrought Iron as the headboard wall and had a pair of  Axis wall sconces added. Now I sit there everyday looking out my window while I get my "face on".

Last year on heavy garage day someone had thrown out a chair. It was in great condition, so I gave it a coat of high gloss black paint & had the seat re covered in a vintage fur coat that I bought off Craigslist and then added my Shapes pillow in gold. Some vintage bowls hold my jewelry that is on daily rotation and the illustrations are from B.ITALY .

We decided to keep the IKEA Hemnes furniture since they were only a few years old. So I changes the hardware, my dresser got some lion head ring pulls and the side tables got some pretty star burst numbers from Anthro.

The antique chinoiserie lamp on my dresser was left to me by my Great Aunt. I had always loved it, ever since I was a little girl, so I was very happy and honoured that she remembered me.

We did find a great use for the large mirror from that was made for Project Ensuite Evolution but were unable to use in the ensuite. It was added to the wall opposite our closet & it has really helped to expand the narrow hall area.

Last but not least was the flooring. Once everything was had done we realized how horrible the carpet was. The plan was to replace it eventually but thought if we do it now our oasis will be complete.
We went to Speer Rd. Broadloom and decided on a Solid 5" Soft Scraped Natural Black Walnut  by Homer Wood and we could not have been happier with the result. In fact we are going to replace the flooring in the whole house....someday.

Sorry for the long wordy post, there was just so much to say!

See ya'll tomorrow, I've got a new artist to share with you.

Hollie xo







2 comments:

  1. It looks SO SO good Hollie. I'm particularly obsessed with the vanity area and of course adore all of that KW magic...oh and the sunglass art- gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on my Insta feed and just getting a chance to view the post. I'm smitten with all the details. Are those pom poms on the draperies; so pretty! You did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. I enjoy your feedback.